Thursday, September 16, 2010

Cellulitis And Bloody Nose

and my father

Here is a text Giusppe Festinese published in the latest issue of the magazine:
N Otte, I can not sleep, I stand at the window, it's raining outside and so I begin to think of my father, Antonio, who died in the killing ... but I will not say more this. Suddenly I begin to fantasize, imagine a world different from usual, that is a world where when your father dies, instead of having the usual legacy made of things like houses, money, clothes ...
... I think that in this imaginary world you could not choose what you get from your father, but your father's character, charisma, wisdom, strength, courage, in short, something true. Then I realize I do not know at all who was my father, I realize I do not know him at all. I try to think, but I do not know that favorite dish, what color he liked to wear, what music to listen to ... in other words: Who the hell was the man to whom I direct my thoughts. Why am I sad for him, what was there really? And while I think about it and keep asking these things come, perhaps carried by the wind, a request that I take as a lion takes his prey: what it will take me from my daughter when I'm gone? I try to think like I want to advise you, but once again my mind I play a bad joke and then I ask myself who am I? What I really like? Continue to drop questions that remain unanswered. The only answer is that, apart from my father, I do not even know myself.

Out continues to rain. I stand in silence and listen to the rain. There is a strange peace about things. Palomino Perhaps he was right. Palomino is a Colombian guy I met during my stay in German prisons. He told me that when it rains you have to be silent, because that's the moment when God fruitful everything on earth and therefore must give respect to the only true act of love that you can attend. I would like to stop thinking, I just want someone who is really the desire to know his patients and not just those of parents, children and siblings, but something more important ... look at all ways of knowing yourself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment